Quarantine Arrangements in the 2021-22 Academic Year
To fulfil our educational objectives and undertake our institutional responsibility, we are making every effort to resume normal operations in the coming Fall Term. Please refer to Teaching and Learning | COVID-19 Info@HKUST for our teaching and learning arrangements. If you are coming to Hong Kong from abroad, please pay attention to the relevant boarding, quarantine and testing arrangements.
Please click this SHRLO webpage to see the latest FAQs on student housing arrangement.
Specified requirements imposed by the Government on inbound travellers who have visited specified places can be found at this link. The arrangements include boarding and compulsory quarantine arrangements for persons arriving in Hong Kong.
- See Return2hk Scheme for Hong Kong residents who are aged 18 or above with a Hong Kong ID card, and Come2hk Scheme for non-Hong Kong residents.
- See the List of at-risk Places Temporarily Inapplicable under the Return2hk Scheme and Come2hk Scheme.
- Compulsory COVID-19 nucleic acid testing can be conducted at any Community Testing Centre (CTC).
- The current list of Designated Quarantine Hotels approved by the Hong Kong Government which will provide rooms to travellers planning to arrive at Hong Kong until 30 November 2021.
- See the Points to Note Regarding Self-monitoring Period for Inbound Travellers.
- See the Health Monitoring Checklist for Inbound Travellers.
The Government hotlines (tel. 2125 1111 or 2125 1122) operate from 9 am to 8 pm daily to receive enquiries about COVID-19.
The University’s quarantine support arrangements are as follow:
- The University has agreed a discounted rate for quarantine in (designated) Nina Hotel Island South (NHIS) (formerly L’hotel Island South) at $470 per night. Staff and students must book an inclusive room with F&B plan at an additional cost of $100 per night. The Hotel has set aside 10 rooms on any given day for HKUST members to book at the discounted rate on a first come first served basis. All reservations should be made 10 days prior to arrival date. Please note that rooms of the Hotel are in high demand; any bookings will be subject to availability. All staff and students wanting to arrange quarantine at NHIS should book with the Hotel directly via Ms. Rebecca Lee, Sales Coordinator, contact telephone: +852 3968 8811; email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use your HKUST email account to book in order to enjoy the special HKUST rate.
- The University has also agreed discounted rates for quarantine for inbound travellers from the Mainland China and Macau at non-designated hotels (see this list). All staff and students wanting to arrange quarantine at non-designated hotels should book with the hotels directly. Please use your HKUST email account to book in order to enjoy the special HKUST rate.
- The cost of the quarantine must be paid for by staff and students in full. For new staff eligible for on-campus accommodation and for existing staff granted exceptional approval for business travel, the cost of quarantine (inclusive of meal costs in hotel package) will be reimbursable by the University. Please contact your School / Department / Unit first before making bookings.
If you have further questions about quarantine arrangements, please contact the relevant offices:
- URAO for new UG: email@example.com
- SHRLO for continuing UG: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Academic Schools for new and continuing RPG
- Taught PG: respective Program Offices
- CSO for existing faculty and staff with exceptional approval for business travel: email@example.com
- HRO for newly recruited faculty and staff: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nora for Quarantine Virtual Companion
Nora is a self-help platform developed by ECE in the form of an emotionally intelligent virtual agent, designed to speak each day with a person undergoing a 7-day or 14-day or 21-day quarantine. For details, please see this youtube video or try it out at https://nora2.emos.ai.