Campus Hygiene Measures and Safety Information for Graduates and Guests
to Attend Congregation 2021 on the HKUST Campus (Updated on 18 Oct)
In view of the latest development of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, HKUST has stepped up precautionary measures* and made special arrangements to protect its visitors.
At large-scale events like Congregation, graduates and guests are reminded to pay extra attention on social distancing and personal hygiene.
Event-specific Measures for Congregation
- No more than 85% of the seating capacity of the ceremony venue will be occupied and consecutive seats in the same row will be limited to 6
- All participants should wear masks at all times throughout the event and in communal areas of the campus
- Screening of body temperature: all participants will be requested to check their body temperature before entering the ceremony venue. Those with a fever are not allowed to attend the event. Graduates and guests are highly recommended to monitor your health conditions before leaving for the event. You should refrain from attending this large-scale event if you have any symptoms of fever or other illnesses
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at the entrance of the venue (and at multiple locations around campus). Participants are suggested to sanitize their hands before entering the venue
- Information of graduates and guests attending the event will be recorded via the Graduation Services System (GSS) for public health purpose, in case any contact tracing is needed
- Thorough cleaning and disinfection will be done between ceremony sessions
- Graduates and faculty members are advised NOT to shake hands on stage
- Although vaccination and testing is not required for visitors attending a one-off event, graduates and guests may consider to get vaccinated/ tested before the event for better protection
General Measures Across the Campus
- Everyone on campus must wear face masks. For more detailed guideline on the use and disposal of face masks, please refer to the government resources here
- Hand sanitizer are provided at multiple locations
- GERMAGIC antimicrobial coating is applied in frequently accessed areas, including school buses
- Building ventilation system will continue to be operated in “anti-epidemic” mode to supply maximum amount of fresh air to indoor areas
- University members and visitors are encouraged to check body temperature at the remote fever self-check station at the atrium, UG/F of CYT or LSKBB lobby. Campus facilities, such as Library, sports facilities and student hostels, and Commercial outlets are equipped with non-contact infrared thermometers at their entrances. Those with a fever are not allowed to enter the controlled venues
- LeaveHomeSafe QR codes are posted at entrances of venues, including commercial outlets on campus, members and visitors are encouraged to use the mobile app to record their visits
- Floor marks are added to catering and retail outlets as well as public and shuttle bus stations to remind people about keeping social distance
Gathering Restriction and Social Distancing
Refer to the Hong Kong Government's New Requirements to Reduce Gatherings webpage.
To be in line with Government’s anti-epidemic measures to impose a 4-person limit on public gatherings, no gatherings on campus with more than four people are permitted except for work, essential or otherwise approved activities, and family groups living in the same accommodation.
A social distance of 1.5 meter should be maintained where possible.
*Remarks: Campus Hygiene Measures may change from time to time subject to Government’s anti-epidemic measures. Please stay tuned for more updates nearer the Congregation Days.
In Case of Emergency, Injury and Illness
- Call Security Control Centre (SCC) by dialing ext. 8999 or 23588999 (direct line)
- Call Security Control Centre (SCC) by dialing ext. 6565 or 23586565 (direct line) for any security matters